Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Infamous Banana Bread

My desire to make banana bread came out of reading this article by Mark Bittman in the New York Times. What caught my eye about the article was the fact that he was talking about his cravings for junk food when he's sick. I know, weird right? Mark Bittman eating junk food? So I skimmed his craving-quenching recipe for banana bread and decided I needed to make it.

However, I actually wanted to try a healthier version, as I was not sick nor craving junk food. So I sought out a Weight Watchers recipe and modified it. By modified I mean used two over ripe bananas rather than three (my third over ripe banana was pretty much a goner, so I tossed it) and topped it with toasted chopped walnuts because why not?

Here you have the finished product. My roommate and her boyfriend anxiously waited for me to finish documenting my masterpiece so we could stand in the kitchen slicing off warm pieces of bread and gobble them down accompanied by glasses of ice-cold milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment